During the restoration of an anilox roll the following steps should be performed
Operations performed during the restoration of anilox rollers:
- Incoming inspection (if necessary repair or replacement of shafts)
- Removing old coating of the working surface
- Spraying new ceramic coating on the working surface
- Grinding of ceramics
- Laser engraving of the working surface
- Finishing operations and output inspection
Coating of the roller:
- The coating material of the working surface chromium oxide Cr2O3
- The processing of working surface coating is mechanical (grinding, superfinishing)
- Laser engraving of the coating.
Production tolerances during the restoration:
- Radial run-out tolerance of the working surface less than, mm-0.015.
- Tolerance for longitudinal section profile of the working surface is not more than, mm-0.015.
- Radial run-out tolerance of the supporting surface is no more than, mm-0.015.
Outgoing quality control:
- Optical control, checking the quality of engraving:
- Metallographic microscope with software for calculating the cell volume of the anilox roller.
- URMI system for measurement of paint volume in anilox roller cells.
- 3D microscope with the function cell volume measurement.
- Mechanical control- ceramics hardness test (hardness tester).
- Check of geometry and run-out (dial indicator, micrometers, etc.).